Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Lovely Emeline Michel



Recently I had the pleasure of meeting a Haitian Kompa Music Legend, Ms Emeline Michel. She was in Miami, Fl filming the music video for her newest single.

I was invited to join the crew on set to get some behind the scenes shots; though I had some ulterior motives. I may have had a crush on her once upon a time and may have been trying to slip her my number. Sssshhh don't tell anyone I admitted that LOL!















The video was shot in the heart of Little Haiti on 59th street and NE 2nd avenue. Scenes included some of the important sites in Little Haiti including the Little Haiti Cultural Complex and the Caribbean Marketplace. The theme of the video was to stop domestic violence so Emeline invited ladies from the community to join her for the filming. The ladies all wore white as a sign of solidarity and peace.









A few local female artists were also in attendance. Stichiz, a Haitian American Radio Personality and rapper, Saskya Sky, a Haitian American R&B Songstress and Zazou, a Haitian American Poet. All in all it was great experience. Ms Emeline is a hell of a personality as well as an exceptional artist. Everyone present had a great time and not a soul was shy of my or the director's cameras. Stay tuned for updated pictures.


Until my next adventure...


Na we pita/A plus tard



Yours truly and Emeline
A few of the ladies present for the shoot

Singer Saskya Sky
Haitian Poet Zazou G. Pierre

Stichiz and ya boy





No comments:

Post a Comment